More about EPIC
The mission of Emerging Professionals in Columbia is to engage, develop and celebrate emerging leaders through professional growth opportunities and social interactions.
Value Statements & Goals:
- Build Relationships: Relationships provide the framework for personal growth and career success. EPIC seeks to develop and expand relationships on both a professional and social level.
- Provide opportunities for professional connections
- Provide opportunities for social interaction
- Celebrate Potential: All individuals hold the potential for greatness. Maximizing potential begins with recognizing that growth and change are elements of success. By celebrating this, individuals and organizations become empowered to embrace opportunities for growth.
- Provide educational opportunities that encourage professional growth
- Establish a recognition program
- Forge Leadership Paths: Leadership is found at the heart of EPIC and all its members. It is the defining characteristic that separates the doers from the followers. EPIC will build upon and develop the inherent leadership within all of its members.
- Establish a leadership development process
- Encourage Innovation: As leaders, we realize that we are living in an ever-changing world. Through achievements in technology and social trends, EPIC will utilize and encourage innovation in all aspects of its mission.
- Seek non-traditional ways to fulfill our mission
- Implement an ongoing public relations program to communicate EPIC internally & externally
- Embrace Diversity: Diversity is the foundation of an organization. EPIC embraces, celebrates and encourages all facets of diversity.
- Educate on the dimensions of diversity
- Foster partnerships with diversity affiliated organizations and events
- Actively recruit diverse members
- Benefit the Community: A community benefits from the contributions of its members. EPIC will strive to serve through leadership, involvement and awareness.
- Encourage discussion of community issues
- Attract and retain emerging professional
For more information about EPIC, contact Meagan Schaffner at 817-9114.